Jan 17, 2012

Personal Life: Personal Feeding on God's Word



Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. 
--Psalm 119:97

I remember James M. Gray, the noted Bible teacher, telling of a
Christian brother, a Michigan farmer, whose spiritual life had
suddenly blossomed until there was an overflowing of God's presence.
Many in the man's community recognized the change in his life and
personality and sought spiritual counsel from him. Dr. Gray had
opportunity to ask the man about the transformation of his spiritual
life and witness.

"Dr. Gray, I began to devote myself to the Scriptures for my own
need," the man humbly explained. "Something happened when God
opened my spiritual understanding as I studied the book of
Ephesians. I cannot really explain what the Lord is doing for me
and through me, but it has come through prayerful meditation in
the Word of God."

None of us can expect to get the rich, transforming blessings from
God apart from the Scriptures....

Too many of us ministers and Sunday school teachers are content to
reach for a commmentary on the Scriptures. What we need most is to
search the Scriptures for ourselves.  Men Who Met God, 47.