- Libyan military official claims he met with U.S. diplomats to tell them about the deteriorating security situation
- President Mohamed el-Megarif says the attacks were NOT sparked by anti-Islamic video, but by Al Qaeda-connected foreigners
- But UN ambassador Susan Rice insists assault was 'spontaneous'
- Diplomat Chris Stevens died alongside three others on Tuesday night
Libyan security officer has claimed that he warned American diplomats about the possibility of violent unrest three days before the attack on the U.S. consulate which left the ambassador dead along with three others.
The country's president also says that the deadly raid in Benghazi was 'pre-planned' by Al Qaeda and other 'foreigners'.
However, the U.S. has hit back at that suggestion, with a top diplomat insisting the attack was 'a spontaneous - not a premeditated - response' to violence elsewhere.
Scroll down for video
Rage: Sunni Muslims in Pakistan burn the U.S. flag and an effigy of President Obama at a rally in Karachi
Threatening gesture: A mock U.S. flag set on fire by a group of about 50 angry Islamists, who were shouting anti-U.S. slogans and protesting against a film ridiculing the Prophet Muhammad, near the U.S. embassy in Ankara, Turkey
Brimming anger: Afghan demonstrators prepare to torch a U.S. flag during protest in HeratJamal Mabrouk, of the February 17th Brigade, told CNNthat he and a battalion commander sat down with U.S. envoys to discuss the economy and security in the country, which has been going through a turbulent transition since the fall of Moammar Gaddafi last year.
According to Mabrouk, they told the diplomats that the precarious security situation was not beneficial for international business.
‘The situation is frightening, it scares us,’ Mabrouk said they told the U.S. officials. He would not say how they responded.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204112/Libya-claims-US-warned-THREE-DAYS-advance-consulate-attacks.html#ixzz26lZevp2b